1. The LTTE appeared more vulnerable than ever before.
2. Sri Lanka experienced 22 per cent inflation
3. I moved out of my parents’ house, learnt the benefits of Wi-Fi, broadband, and king-sized spring mattresses.
4. I started playing squash and scrabble, and became a pretty decent poker player.
5. The LTTE carried out its inaugural air raid on Colombo while the nation watched its cricket team being defeated by Australia in a World Cup final.
6. I wasted a lot of time over a female of the species.
7. I realised it is time to quit my job and start doing what I really love.
8. I discovered that when you move out, your friends become like your family and then you start getting pissed off at them a lot, just like your family.
9. Mervyn Silva got his ass handed back to him on a platter by the Rupavahini staff
10. Sri Lankans were required to have a valid reason to be in Colombo.